16 April 2012

Lazed out

Sunday marked the first time that all of my sister's bridesmaids were together - luckily it was also the day of our first dress fittings.
I got in my dress and started to panic. When I had tried it on the first time it was slightly tight, but not too bad. The seamstress even said I didn't need to let anything out. This time though, I as she stood behind me and zipped it up I started feeling tighter and tighter, worse than the first time I had tried it on.
But it zipped. It zipped and it hooked and it stayed where it was and I could breathe OK.
Ida, the seamstress, said that I just need to lay off the salt and I'll be OK. But the more I've started to think about it, the more I've realized how easy it's been to let myself go.
Don't get me wrong, I haven't gained a ton of weight. My pants haven't changed sizes and my belt still buckles in the same place. But my little pouch of a stomach sticks out when I stand.
Problem: I'm still making excuses. I can't walk up the stairs anymore without getting slightly winded (not wicked winded, but plenty enough to worry me) and I say "I must be getting sick or have a sinus problem."
I don't have a sinus problem. I have a lazy problem and I have to get ahold of it.
But again, it's 85 degrees outside and I'm pretty comfortable on my couch. Plus, my iPod isn't charged. How can I run with no music? I'll laze out all over again.
The boyfriend doesn't seem to care that I have a pouch, which is part of the reason I love him so. But he's said we should both start exercising again, so I'm hoping we can figure something out for tomorrow and get me a running partner.
For tonight I think I'll stick with the crunches and some pushups to tone those arms for the wedding.
And a chicken salad for dinner.
Tomorrow I'll go for a run :)
No laze.
The dress fits and we're six weeks away from the nuptials, so it could be much worse.
But it can also be much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment