24 January 2011

Newest crave: Heavy

This past weekend a new show premiered on A&E, one of my very favorite channels because of such shows as The First 48, etc. This new show is called "Heavy" and it's about folks who are morbidly obese and need help or they will die.
These people are then sent to a retreat to get back to being themselves, to learn how to properly handle food as fuel and not as an emotional stimulant, and to work with a personal trainer to lose weight.
Let me be clear: this show is amazing and illuminating and horrifying all at once, and they don't say it on the show but I'm sure all of these people need to be seeing therapists for PTSD (occupational hazard on my part).
I cried within the first five minutes.
Here's the link to the first part of the pilot episode, and the story begins with Tom and Jodi .
I'm rooting for both of them, because their stories are amazing and their challenges are real.
And compared to mine, they're heroes, and I really hope they both succeed.
Because if they can do it, so can I.

No comments:

Post a Comment