20 January 2011

Yogging

Veronica and I trying this new fad called uh, jogging. I believe it's jogging or yogging. it might be a soft j. I'm not sure but apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild. 
Today I jogged a 13-minute mile. That's kind of pathetic, BUT I did it without stopping. And I didn't tear any muscles trying to traverse a woodland path covered in snow and acting as a racecourse for snowmobiles (which I did last weekend).
In high school, when we had to run the mile (I realize I'm dating myself here) I never did it under 12 minutes. I'm a slow jogger.
I've tried running with Zoe, but it's nearly impossible ... she's just too damn fast. I actually clocked her at 23 mph once.
Food-wise I did OK today. Oatmeal for breakfast because the fiber in it keeps you fuller longer, and chicken and vegetable soup for lunch, with a handful of nuts in between. Dinner was a little more adventurous: pizza was already made when I got home.

I really like going to the gym. I used to go all the time back in college, mostly because it was free, but also because I've always been conscious of my health.
Stepping off a Tredmill brings this wonderful feeling of accomplishment and even though I only jogged a mile today it was good to have that feeling again.
I have a very outgoing personality, and until this past summer I had never once doubted myself. Something happened this summer that made me, though, and it was a feeling I am almost afraid of experiencing again.
So stepping off that Tredmill today was a great way to kick this whole shebang off. That feeling reminded me of who I am and why I'm so confident and cocky: because I am OK with me.
I'm just not OK with Fritz anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment