07 February 2011

"Bad dates"

You know that scene in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc when Sallah slaps the poisoned date out of Indy's hand and says, "Bad dates."?

That poor monkey.


This scene is similar to picking a wedding date; if you get the wrong one, or if both players aren't aware of what's going on you can get a bad date, and from there a tidal wave of horrible things will flush out the happiness of planning and executing your wedding.


Run little dude, run!

At least, that's what I understand from my sister. 
If you've never planned a wedding before, know this: you can't do anything without a date.
And you can't pick a date for a wedding in another state without discussing all of your options (and ideas) with your fiance.
I understand this, and I know my sister and her soon-to-be husband will have their date picked by tomorrow, but I just can't wait!
Having a date means that the planning will begin in earnest, and instead of talking about dresses and flowers and DJs and tuxes and center pieces with my sister, I can actually help her make the selections that will give her the perfect wedding.
Now, she and I do NOT have the same taste, so this will be a challenge for me but I'm ready for it.

She created her Save the Dates last week, and all except for filling in the actual date, they're ready to mail, which is a huge step for her. In fact, they're so cute she put them up for bid on Etsy.com, and you can view them here. Since no one in my family reads this blog, I feel quite alright posting the link.

She's super creative, my little sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment