01 February 2011

Solid excuse No. 2: lack of vitamin D

Today marks three days in a row that I did not go to the gym, but obviously I don't feel all that bad about it.
My excuse?
Lack of vitamin D with a side of Seasonal Affective Disorder and a bat-crazy grandmother.
Shit, I forgot what I.... What did I forget?
My grandmother is half Italian, and I not only inherited their beautiful olive skin tone, but I also inherited their uncanny ability to turn into Powder without year-round tanning availability.
Not Sean Patrick Flanery's greatest achievement.
So my trip to Mamby-Pamby Land is half due to a serious lack of sunlight and half due to way too much stress at home. For most people, that would mean delaying getting home any way possible, possibly by spending umpteen hours at the gym. But my dad is on duty all day long with my grandmother, and by the time my 45-minute workout is up, my conscience won't let me stay any longer, because it knows he needs a break.
So even though we're supposed to get 8 inches of snow tomorrow, I'll be hauling my ass off to the gym after work and calling dibs on one of the ellipticals.

Dammit John Hammond! (And holy crap Tim! You were in 'The Social Network'?!?)

The difficult part won't be tomorrow, but Wednesday, when we're supposed to get anywhere from 12-20 inches. I'll be the girl in her pajamas working from home while 'Lord of the Rings' is playing in the background. And probably eating Macaroni & Cheese for lunch.
M-m-m good!

No comments:

Post a Comment