13 February 2011

The compass points to what you want

It's been a few days — nay, weeks — since my last post. I suppose you could say this is a slump, and expect to hear me blather on about how I've spent the last howevermany days becoming a permanent fixture on my couch and consuming entire bags of Doritos.

This is not the case.

At least, not this time.
I haven't been to the gym for the past few weeks because I've been busy buying a car. My new ride is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, however, so I can start going back to the gym after work.

Buying a car is a pain in the ass. Not only do you have to deal with every salesman under the sun trying to sell you the most expensive car on his lot, they're all intentionally thick too. It takes you about two hours to get them to even start speaking in reasonable figures and then at least another hour to get them down to a price you want.
I did that on Saturday at Keene Chrysler Jeep Dodge, and my brand-spanking new 2011 Jeep Compass is making its way from Connecticut tomorrow.
I've never bought a car before; my dad has always done it for me. He helped me find my first car (A 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme) and sold me my second, which I paid off and just traded in for my new Jeep.
Suffice it to say that I am tired. I am tired of car dealers, I am tired of researching vehicles and I am tired of test driving.
And, if all goes according to plan, I will be able to drive home in this tomorrow:

Aye, it's the Black Pearl!
•••
A hospital in California has recently done a study proving that IBS symptoms are relieved when a patient is on a course of antibiotics. I have been on a course of antibiotics recently, so I have had zero digestive issues.
Though for the past two days, what with the stress of buying my car and all, I have neglected to take it, which means when I ate an english muffin pizza for lunch today I paid for it.
So it's back to the gluten-free diet for me, which sucks and is good for both of the same reasons.
1.) My diet is limited and no longer involves wheat of any kind, meaning breads, pastas, most sweets and, surprisingly, soy sauce.
2.) My diet is limited and no longer involves wheat of any kind, meaning breads, pastas, most sweets and, surprisingly, soy sauce.
So it looks like my little trip to Food Heaven is nearing a close, and I will soon be back to fish and vegetables.
To be honest, I'm kind of looking forward to it.
And who knows? Perhaps I'll even post some of my fabulous gluten-free dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment